Is Kenya Safe for Travelers – COVID-19 Kenya safaris health measures
Before You Travel to Kenya – Is Kenya safe?
Kenya’s safari destinations are safe, open and ready for all visitors. Kenya, Africa’s Tourism destination has put together all COVID-19 Health and Safety measures. This is to ensure that citizens, travelers and workers are well protected from pandemic. All persons coming into Kenya must be in possession of a Negative COVID-19 PCR Certificate, acquired no more than 96 hours prior to arrival in Kenya; with the PCR Certificate also having been validated under the Trusted Travel platform for those travelling by air;
Kenya’s Ministry of Health with the technical support of panaBIOS (www.panabios.org) has now implemented COVID-19 PCR online verification process of an online trustworthy and safe systems for travelers across Africa through the deployment of technology called Trusted Travel (TT) initiative to strengthen the Ministry’s ability to verify, authenticate and validate test results and vaccination certificates for diseases of International public health concern such as COVID-19.
Click HERE for more information on the digital verification of Covid-19 PCR test results.
Quarantine in Nairobi Kenya updated on 06th October 2021
Travelers from States and Territories of Brunei, Kuwait and Thailand should be in possession of a negative PCR-based COVID-19 test result conducted within 96 hours before travel and not display any flu-like symptoms upon arrival in Kenya.
They shall be required to undergo mandatory quarantine for 14 days upon arrival into Kenya at their own cost effective 06th October 2021:
Looking for quarantine days in Nairobi Kenya, Contact Acquire Adventures Safaris to book your quarantine approved hotels in Nairobi or Mombasa. We will also make arrangements for your return airport transfers. We are in contact with approved MOH Covid-19 testing laboratories who will perform your PCR Test before your Nairobi exit.
Traveler’s Manual for Exiting Kenya
See Step-by-Step Guide on the process to get the TT code HERE
Kenya’s Presidential speech on COVID-19 Kenya safaris safety measures
Addressing the Nation, President Uhuru Kenyatta expressed satisfaction with the measures being taken by stakeholders in the Hospitality sector to protect Tourists from Covid-19. He said Kenya is ready to receive Tourists. President Kenyatta spoke at State House, Nairobi during a virtual meeting with elite Kenyan World record holder Marathoner Eliud Kipchoge. Mr Kipchoge is Kenya’s new goodwill Ambassador for Tourism. Eliud Kipchoge was in Masai Mara Game Reserve with his family to witness annual wildebeest migration.
Kenya’s Ministry of Tourism – Cabinet Minister Speech on Covid-19
Kenya’s Cabinet Secretary for Tourism and Wildlife, Hon. Najib Balala has called International visitors to visit Kenya and experience Magical wonders Kenya offers. He also reminded all visitors visiting Parks to strictly observe the country’s Ministry of Health protocols in order to keep CORONA virus at bay.
Kenya, the renowned Tourism destination in Africa has been listed among the 80 global destinations certified and authorized to use the “World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) “Safer Tourism Seal Stamp” after the destination’s adopted the global COVID-19 health and hygiene standardized protocols. This stamp allows for the recognition of Kenya as a viable holiday safari destination subject to the implementation of the health and safety protocols.
Acquire Adventures Safaris – Is Kenya Safe for Travelers?
Acquire Adventures Safaris has adopted Kenya’s Ministry of Health and Ministry of Tourism and Hospitality’s health, hygiene and safety measures towards our travelers to ensure that they are well protected from getting COVID-19 pandemic as follows;
- All Acquire Adventures Safaris staff have valid covid-19 free certification not more than 14-days-old from a recognized government approved facility at the first time and subsequently maintain Covid-19 prevention guidelines prescribed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and relevant agencies.
- We have documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for guest management in line with these protocols and Ministry of Health (MOH) Covid-19 preventive guidelines as appropriate.
- We have displayed visible signage or notices at the entrance of office regarding information on COVID-19 prevention measures and ensures safety briefings to all guests in line with Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) for first arrivals and while boarding vehicles.
- We have trained staff who ensures screening of staff and clients and frequently disinfect office. Office equipments, personal computers and desks in the office are dedicated to one staff member to minimize touch. Cleaning procedures with appropriate disinfectants/sanitizers focusing on visitors, luggage, travel documents and high-frequency touch points/surfaces.
- All staff and visitors should; Always maintain 1.5-metres of distance from one another, Body temperature screening with a non-contact thermometer gun, Mandatory wear facemasks at all times except while dinning, Frequent wash hands or hand sanitizing regularly, Avoid shaking hands, Cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow and Maintain healthy hygiene practices to everyone.
- Staff should frequently wash/ sanitize hands before and after entering the work premises, changing into uniforms, using lockers and after touching items or surfaces
- We maintain daily Guest/visitors clean register and staff/drivers clean register which are updated daily. This includes individual mobile contacts and physical address for each guest/visitor/staff for ease in case of contact tracing.
- We have documented list of emergency contacts, reporting system and evacuation procedures for any arising health related incidents for any staff or visitors in our office or on safari.
- Staff and visitors using public facilities e. g. washrooms, kitchen, lobby/lounge etc should adhere to social distancing, frequent cleaning and disinfection and provided with adequate supply of hand washing with soap and running water and sanitizing facilities.
- We have minimized walk-in clients and encourage safari bookings online. We have integrated technologies to enable automation, such as contactless booking payments platforms such as our Acquire Adventures Safaris secured online payments which protect guest personal information, local mobile payment and discourages cash payments. These has resulted in removing excess furniture, desks tables chairs to accommodate spacing of social distancing and enabling staff scheduled to work in shifts and working from home.
- Pedal waste paper bins are availabe at strategic locations and appropriate method for collection and storage of used PPEs to ensure hygienic waste disposal with minimum personal contact
- We develop creative personalized group tours and packages to incentivize domestic tours, excursions, short trips and visits to nearby destinations in the short term.
- Office doors are left/wedged open or porters/security deployed to open doors and press lift buttons to limit guest from touching surfaces as appropriate
- If possible promote use of smart/automated doors to minimize touching contaminated surfaces where applicable.
Visitors Arrival at Kenyan Airports, Transfers, Excursions, and safaris – Health and Safety protocols to be observed
- All Foreign Tourists (All ages plus infants) or all persons coming into Kenya must be in possession of a Negative COVID-19 PCR Certificate, acquired no more than 96 hours prior to arrival into the Country; with the PCR Certificate also having been validated under the Trusted Travel platform for those travelling by air; Airlines provides Online Medical and Travel Declaration Form COVID-19 Surveillance Form to visitors to enable them fill required information at the time of confirming booking/reservation of Air Ticket before arrival in the country. Kindly check with your booked Airline for more information.
- Guests should adhere to Covid-19 protocols as follows; Always maintain 1.5-metres of distance from one another, Body temperature screening with a non-contact thermometer gun, Mandatory wear facemasks at all times except while dinning, Frequent wash hands or hand sanitizing regularly, Avoid shaking hands, Cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow and Maintain healthy hygiene practices to everyone.
- We maintain daily Guest/visitors clean register updated daily. This includes mobile contacts and physical address for each guest/visitor/staff for ease in case of contact tracing.
- We have minimized walk-in clients and encourage safari bookings online. We will also educate and encourage guests to discourage or avoid paying using cash at restaurants, curio shops due to pandemic e. t. c. We have integrated technologies to enable automation, such as contactless booking payment platform such as Acquire Adventures Safaris secured online payment by using Credit Cards which protect guest personal information and local Mobile payment.
- Staff handling guest’s luggage should were gloves, sanitize or wash hands before and after touching luggage.
- Only driver/guide will be permitted to open doors for guests to minimize touching contaminated surfaces where applicable. Driver/guide shall sanitize doors before/after opening/closing.
- We ensure all our Safari vehicles and Transfer vehicles are cleaned properly and sanitized during/after each trip/ transfers.
- We have limited the number of staff accompanying guests in every safari trip; we encourage only one driver-tour guide per safari vehicle.
- We have documented list of emergency contacts, reporting system and evacuation procedures for any arising Health and safety related incidents for our guests on safari. This information is put at the Seat Back Bag storage of the safari vehicle/transfer vehicle to minimize contact.
- Driver-guide or visitors on safari are encouraged to open windows while in safari vehicles when weather permits, to allow air circulation.
- Driver-guide ensures disposable headrest covers for every safari vehicle are replaced after each safari trip and are frequently sanitized.
- We provide packed lunches for long drive to avoid stopovers. Staff while serving food and drinks shall observe Ministry of Health guidelines similar to catering and accommodation facilities provided herein.
- We ensure Private Groups, Families and Couples shall be allocated specific safari vehicle and driver-guide for the duration of their stay to minimize exposure to other guests and guides.
- All safari vehicles (Land cruisers and Safari mini-vans) shall carry capacity not exceeding 7 passengers to ensure social distancing between guests travelling together.
- Safari vehicles are allocated new approved disposable & quality Facemasks and Sanitizers shall be made available in the vehicle for use by guests while on safari.
- We ensure driver-guide use suitable communication gadget for vehicles carrying more than seven 7 passengers to communicate with guest to avoid turning or shouting to enable them to be heard by guests.
- If possible, have vehicle air-conditioners modified to include air purifiers where applicable, which will reduce the ability of the Covid-19 virus circulating inside the vehicle especially for larger and luxury vehicles.
- We have also taken responsibility of ensuring that all our staff, driver-guides, safari vehicles, tourism destinations and client’s accommodation adheres to all Health and Safety measures towards COVID-19 pandemic.
Acquire Adventures Safaris is open and ready to book your lifetime safari experience of your chioce. Take a virtual tour of what we offer Kenya safaris, Tanzania safaris, Kenya Tanzania combined safaris, Flying safari packages, Masai Mara safari packages, Mount Kenya climbing, Mount Kilimanjaro climbing and feel free to book your desired safari destinations of your choice through our secured online Acquire Adventures Safaris Contact Form