Kenya Travel Advice – Is Kenya Safe for Travelers – COVID-19 Kenya safaris health measures. Before You Travel to Kenya – Is Kenya safe? YES
Kenya Travel Advice on Kenya’s safari destinations are safe, open, and ready for all visitors. Kenya is the best Africa’s Tourism destination has put together all COVID-19 Health and Safety measures. This is to ensure that citizens, travelers, and workers are well protected from the Covid-19 pandemic. We welcome all International visitors to visit Kenya and experience the Magical wonders Kenya offers.
Kenya, the renowned Tourism destination in Africa has been listed among the 80 global destinations certified and authorized to use the “World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) “Safer Tourism Seal Stamp” after the destination’s adopted the global COVID-19 health and hygiene standardized protocols. This stamp allows for the recognition of Kenya as a viable holiday safari destination subject to the implementation of the health and safety protocols.
Updated Covid-19 Kenya Travel advice as of 09th September 2022
1. All travelers above the age of 12 years arriving into the country through any point of entry will be required to show proof of either COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 PCR test conducted not more than 72 hours before departure. NB: Vaccination means having received the prescribed doses of specific vaccine latest shot at least fourteen (14) days before arrival (not including the day of vaccination).
2. Travelers below the age of twelve (12) years shall be exempt from the requirements of vaccination certificate or Pre-departure PCR test.
3. Any traveler above the age of twelve (12) arriving at any point of entry with no proof of vaccination, PCR test or those with flu-like symptoms shall be subjected to Rapid Antigen Test at their own cost of 30 USD. Any person who tests positive on antigen RDT (Rapid Diagnostic Tests) will be subjected to entry PCR test at their own further cost of 50 USD and self-isolate as per MOH guidance on isolation.
4. Any traveler arriving at any port of entry into Kenya with flu-like symptoms will be required to fill the passenger locator form on the ‘jitenge’ platform: https://ears.health.go.ke/airline_registration/ and undergo Rapid Antigen Test at own cost regardless of age or vaccination status. If positive on Rapid Antigen Test, they will be required to undergo COVID-19 PCR test at their own cost.
5. Passengers traveling out of the country, will be required to abide by the particular travel, health and COVID-19 related requirements of the transit and destination country.
6. Pre-departure RDT or PCR testing may be considered at discretion of any of the Airlines departing from or terminating in Kenya.
7. Mandatory wearing of face masks in public places is no longer required
8. Indoor in-person meetings can operate at normal full capacity of the venue
9. Temperature checks for public places is no longer needed
Kenya Travel Advice Traveler’s Manual for Exiting Kenya
See Step-by-Step Guide on the process to get the TT code HERE
Acquire Adventures Safaris – Is Kenya Safe for Travelers?
Acquire Adventures Safaris has adopted Kenya’s Ministry of Health and Ministry of Tourism and Hospitality’s health, hygiene and safety measures towards our travelers to ensure that they are well protected from getting COVID-19 pandemic as follows;
- All Acquire Adventures Safaris members of staff have been fully vaccinated, and each member of staff has a valid certificate of COVID-19 vaccination. All staff subsequently maintain Covid-19 prevention guidelines prescribed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and relevant agencies.
- Have taken safety measures to ensure our guests’ health, and safety is adhered to while on safari in Kenya, and Tanzania
- Maintains daily Guest/Visitors clean register and staff/drivers clean register which is updated daily. This includes individual mobile contacts and physical addresses for each guest/visitor/staff for ease in case of contact tracing.
- Have documented a list of emergency contacts, reporting system, and evacuation procedures for any arising health-related incidents for any staff or visitors in our office or on safari.
- Staff and visitors using public facilities e. g. washrooms, kitchen, lobby/lounge, etc should adhere to frequent cleaning, and disinfection and be provided with an adequate supply of handwashing with soap and running water, and sanitizing facilities.
- Have minimized walk-in clients, and encourage safari bookings to be made online. Have integrated technologies to enable automation, such as contactless booking payments platforms such as our secured online payments which protect guest personal information, local mobile payment and discourages cash payments. This has resulted in removing excess furniture, desks tables chairs to accommodate the spacing of social distancing and enabling staff scheduled to work in shifts and work from home.
- Pedal waste paper bins are available at strategic locations and the appropriate methods for collection and storage of used PPEs to ensure hygienic waste disposal with minimum personal contact
- Develop creative personalized group tours and packages to incentivize tours, excursions, short trips, and visits to nearby destinations.
- Office doors are left/wedged open or porters/security deployed to open doors and press lift buttons to limit guests from touching surfaces as appropriate
- If possible promote the use of smart/automated doors to minimize touching contaminated surfaces where applicable.
Visitors Arrival at Kenyan Airports, Transfers, Excursions, and safaris
- All Travelers coming to Kenya must have a certificate of COVID-19 vaccination. Kindly check with your booked Airline for more information.
- While wearing Face Masks has been uplifted on 11th March 2022, we encourage guests to continue wearing Face Masks and frequently wash hands or hand sanitizing as a personal health precaution.
- Acquire Adventures Safaris maintains daily Guest/visitors clean register updated daily. This includes mobile contacts and physical addresses for each guest/visitor/staff for ease in case of contact tracing.
- Have minimized walk-in clients, and encouraged safari bookings online. Have integrated technologies to enable automation, such as contactless booking payment platforms such as Acquire Adventures Safaris secured online payment by using Credit Cards which protect guest personal information and local Mobile payment.
- Staff handling guests’ luggage should were gloves, sanitize or wash hands before and after touching luggage.
- Only driver/guide will be permitted to open doors for guests to minimize touching contaminated surfaces where applicable. Driver/guide shall sanitize doors before/after opening/closing.
- Ensure all our Safari vehicles and Transfer vehicles are cleaned properly and sanitized during/after each trip/transfer.
- We have limited the number of staff accompanying guests in every safari trip; we encourage only one driver-tour guide per safari vehicle.
- We have documented a list of emergency contacts, reporting systems, and evacuation procedures for any arising Health and safety-related incidents for our guests on safari. This information is put at the Seat Back Bag storage of the safari vehicle/transfer vehicle to minimize contact.
- Driver-guide or visitors on safari are encouraged to open windows while in safari vehicles when weather permits, to allow air circulation.
- Driver-guide ensures disposable headrest covers for every safari vehicle are replaced after each safari trip and are frequently sanitized.
- Provide packed lunches for the long drive to avoid stopovers. The staff while serving food and drinks shall observe Ministry of Health guidelines similar to catering and accommodation facilities provided herein.
- Ensure Private Groups, Families, and Couples shall be allocated specific safari vehicles and driver-guide for the duration of their stay to minimize exposure to other guests and guides.
- All safari vehicles (Land cruisers and Safari mini-vans) shall carry capacity not exceeding 7 passengers to ensure social distancing between guests traveling together.
- Safari vehicles are allocated new approved disposable & quality Facemasks and Sanitizers shall be made available in the vehicle for use by guests while on safari.
- We ensure driver-guide uses suitable communication gadgets for vehicles carrying more than seven 7 passengers to communicate with guests to avoid turning or shouting to enable them to be heard by guests.
- If possible, have vehicle air-conditioners modified to include air purifiers where applicable, which will reduce the ability of the Covid-19 virus circulating inside the vehicle, especially for larger and luxury vehicles.
- We have also taken the responsibility for ensuring that all our staff, driver guides, safari vehicles, tourism destinations, and clients’ accommodation adhere to all Health and Safety measures towards the COVID-19 pandemic.
Visitors Accommodations while on East African safari
Acquire Adventures Safaris has partnered with certified, credible, and secured East African safari Hotels/Lodges/Safari Tented Camps, to accommodate our guests. Every property has set its own Covid-19 Standard Operating Protocols in line with WHO and Ministry of Health guidelines.
We are open and ready to book your lifetime safari experience of your choice. Take a virtual tour of what we offer Kenya safaris, Tanzania safaris, Kenya Tanzania combined safaris, Flying safari packages, Masai Mara safari packages, Mount Kenya Climbing, Mount Kilimanjaro climbing, and feel free to book the desired safari destinations of your choice through our secured online Acquire Adventures Safaris Contact Form