This 3 days Samburu flying safari starts with your arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, Kenya.
We transfer you to connect to your domestic flight to Samburu Game Reserve in Luxury Lodge where you will be treated to dawn and dusk game drives.
Game viewing drives are operated by Luxury Safari Lodges or Luxury Tented Camps in 4WD Jeep vehicles at Samburu Game Reserve on a seat in car basis.
Visit Samburu Game Reserve home to amazing wildlife and statuesque warriors. We view unique wildlife species like Oryx, Gerenuk, Somali Ostrich, Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe and other wild animals and bird life peculiar to this semi arid region.
If you only have a few days to break away from everyday life to be pampered and thrilled in one of the most beautiful wildlife areas in Kenya, this 3 days Samburu flying safari is for you.
This luxury flying safari package is perfect for you and your spouse, friends, family, honeymooners, colleagues and groups.
Day 1: Nairobi to Samburu Game Reserve, Kenya
Meet and greet services on arrival in the morning at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport by our driver-guide and transfer you to Wilson Airport, where you will board your scheduled flight to Samburu Game Reserve which is the semi arid region of Kenya.
Flight takes about 1 hour to Samburu Airstrip. Upon arrival you will be picked by the guide from the lodge and transfer you to your Luxury Lodge or Luxury Tented Camp game viewing en-route.
You will have free time to relax and have lunch in good time at the lodge. Thereafter explore afternoon game drives. Return to the lodge early evening for sundowner.
Dinner and overnight at either Ashnil Samburu Camp, Sarova Shaba Game Lodge, Samburu Sopa Lodge, Samburu Intrepids Lodge. Meal Plan: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Samburu Game Reserve, Kenya
Full day spent in Samburu Game Reserve with early morning game drive where the light is perfect for a good photographic scenery coupled with the concentration of wildlife on the ground. We return to the lodge for breakfast.
We will be free the rest of the morning may be enjoying a dip in the pool or game viewing from the lodge terrace.
We have lunch at the lodge and in the afternoon have an option to visit Samburu Village and learn about the uniqueness of their culture at an extra cost.
We later explore an evening major game drive. A wide variety of animals and birds life are seen at Samburu Game Reserve. Several species are considered unique to the region, including its unique dry-country animal life:
All three big cats including lion, cheetah and leopard can be found here as well as Samburu elephant and buffalo.
Uaso Nyiro river contains large number of Nile crocodiles. Other mammals are frequently seen in the park including gerenuk, Grant gazelle, Kirk dik-dik, impala, waterbuck, Grevy zebra, Beisa oryx and reticulated giraffe.
Over 400 species of bird are seen in Samburu Game Reserve. These include Somali ostrich, grey-headed kingfishers sunbird, bee-eater, marabou stork, tawny eagle, bateleur, vulturine guineafowl, lilac-breasted roller, palm nut vulture, red-billed hornbill, secretary birds, Verreaux eagle, superb starling, yellow-billed hornbill and vulture.
All meals and overnight stay at the same lodge. Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 3: Samburu Game Reserve to Nairobi, Kenya
Early morning game drive on sunrise when predators are active and later on return to the lodge for breakfast.
You will be transferred by the guide from the lodge to Samburu Airstrip with the last picturesque at the reserve where you will board your scheduled flight back to Nairobi.
Upon arrival at Wilson Airport, our driver/guide will meet you and transfer you to your Nairobi hotel or Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to connect your home bound flight depending on arrangements where the safari ends.
Meal Plan: Breakfast
Tour Price per person – US$ 950 per person
Above prices are based on Low season of the year, April, May and June
Children between 3 -12 years are charged 75% of adult rate whether they are sharing with adults or they are in their own room.
Prices for High season and Peak season are available on request.
Accommodation – Choose: Luxury or Mid-range
Accommodation Type – Choose: Lodge or Self-Contained Tented Camp
Safari price includes:
- Nairobi airport/hotel pick up/drop off transfers
- Return Air fare Wilson Airport – Samburu Game Reserve
- Wilson Airport transfers
- Return Airstrip transfers to the lodge or camp by 4WD land cruiser
- All Park entrance fees
- Two game drives per day provided by the lodge on a seat in car basis
- Services of knowledgeable, English speaking professional tour driver-guide
- 2 Nights full board accommodation at Luxury Lodge or Luxury Self Contained Camp
- Accommodation in Luxury Lodges /Camps as specified above in sharing double/twin room
- Flying doctor’s tourist air ambulance evacuation cover in case of emergency while on safari
Safari price includes:
- International Air transportation to and from Nairobi
- Visas and International Airport Taxes
- All personal travel insurances
- All expenses of personal nature
- Extras at the lodges or camps; tips and gratuities, portage, telephone, mineral water, laundry etc
- Drinks and Beverages not in the Itinerary
- Tour Driver-Guide gratuities
- Any optional activities such as village visit, balloon safaris, night game viewing, guided nature walks, e.t.c – can be arranged on request
- Hotel accommodation in Nairobi before and after the safari – can be arranged on request
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary