5 Days Mount Kenya climbing, Sirimon route mount Kenya
5 Days Mount Kenya climbing Sirimon route – challenging hike to summit following straightforward paths while making use of accommodation huts located along the way.
5 Days Mount Kenya climbing Sirimon – Itinerary
Day 1. Transfer from JKIA/Nairobi Hotel – Nanyuki
Day 2. Sirimon Park Gate – Old Moses (3,340m) – Overnight Old Moses Hut
Day 3. OLD Moses Camp (3,340m) – Shiptin’s Camp(4,236m) – Overnight Shipton’s Hut
Day 4. Shipton’s Camp (4,200m) – Pt.Lenana (4,985m) – Overnight Old Moses Hut
Day 5. OLD Moses Camp (3,340m.) – Nairobi (1,650m)
5 Days Mount Kenya climbing Sirimon route
Climbing adventure suitable for – well-acclimatised energetic mountain hikers.
Safari Departures: Departs with Minimum 2 people travelling together.
Day 1: Nairobi - Nanyuki
We will pick you up from your Nairobi hotel in the morning and depart for Nanyuki town, arriving in good time for lunch.
The afternoon will be spent acclimatising and organising any gear you may require for the trek. Dinner and overnight at a campsite
Day 2: Nanyuki - Old Moses
After breakfast, drive to the Sirimon Park Gate where you will begin your hike to Old Moses Hut for your first overnight on Mt Kenya, lunch en-route.
The hike takes about 3 hours, by passing tropical rain forest and bamboo vegetation sections. The altitude here is 3,300m. Dinner and overnight at the hut.
Day 3: Old Moses - Shiptons
After breakfast, hike to Shiptons which is at 4,200m above sea level. You stop for a picnic lunch half way through the hike. Dinner and overnight at the hut. Walking time is 5 to 7 hours depending on your individual fitness level
Day 4: Shiptons - Pt. Lenana - Old Moses
A pre-down attempt of Pt. Lenana. This early start is intended to give you enough time to read Pt Lenana when the sun is rising and in clear weather gives you a clear view of the majestic scenery. After photography and viewing descend to old Moses for overnight, meals enroute.
Day 5: Old Moses - Nairobi
After breakfast, descend leisurely to the Sirimon park gate, and then catch your transport to Nairobi arriving in the evening.
- Warm, windproof jacket with hood
- Waterproof Jacket and over trousers
- Walking trousers, shirts and pullover
- Warm underwear
- Walking socks
- Good comfortable walking heavy boots
- Training shoes (for evening)
- Gaiters, sun hat, warm hat or balaclava
- Scarf, gloves, sun glasses
- Sleeping bag
- You can hire some of the equipment available at a reasonable cost
Climbing Mount Kenya cost
Included in the price:
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
- Return transfer Nairobi -Nanyuki/Chogoria-Nairobi
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek. Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodation in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- Accommodation at Nanyuki hotel on B/B
- Two Man tent
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- 4×4 transport on Sirimon route
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Treated water on the trek
Excluded in the price:
- All personal travel insurances
- All personal expenses including; telephones, tips, alcoholic drinks, laundry, etc.
- International and Domestic flights
- All Airport Taxes and Visas
- Accommodation in Nairobi before and after the trek – can be arranged on request
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary