This 6 days 5 nights best of Mount Kenya trek offers some of the best views of the main peaks with a gradual ascent which can be done leisurely, we traverse the mountain by ascending the Sirimon track, join the best of Timau, then join the best of Chogoria and Descend the Naro Moru track
Day 1: Sirimon Gate
Morning spent sorting and organizing equipment for the mountain trek and be driven to the Sirimon gate. An easy 3 hrs walk through equatorial forest to Judmaier’s Camp (3,300m) for overnight in the high altitude mountain tents.
Day 2: Sirimon Valley
After breakfast trek up the moorland and break away from Sirimon track at altitude of 3,940m, contouring into the Sirimon Valley. This is a seldom visited area with a tremendous amount of wildlife. Overnight in Sirimon Valley, altitude 3,940m.
Day 3: Hall Tarns
An early start out of the Sirimon Valley and into the head of the Hinde Valley. We then cross the Nithi and Gorges Valleys. This is undoubtedly one of the most scenic areas of the mountain with its 1,000 – vertical cliffs, its virgin valleys and cascading water-fall, is one of the most spectacular trekked areas in Kenya. Night camped at Hall Tarns(4,300m)
Day 4: Lake Michaelson
Descend to Lake Michaelson, in the depth of the Gorges Valley. See the incredible cave formation known as the Temple. Walk down the valley to Vivienne falls (named after the famous author of Speak to the Earth). Return to camp in the afternoon. Overnight at Hall Tarns (4,300m.)
Day 5: Mackinders Camp
Alpine ascent on the third highest peak Pt.Lenana (4,985m). En route up north face little used by tourists. 04 hours of walking to the summit. Descend to Teleki Valley and spend the night at our Mackinders Camp (4,150m)
Day 6: Naro Moru
Descend the mountain via the Naro Moru route completing a fine circuit of Mt. Kenya, to the Naro Moru River Lodge for a well-earned rest.
- Please park light and preferably soft sided bags
- You will need a hat, sunglasses and sun screen
- Bring own insect repellents
- Ensure if taking medication you carry all your medicines
- A warm jacket or sweater is required for cold weather conditions or in the mornings and
- Smart casual wear especially for dining areas – all camps/lodges/hotels offer laundry
- Camera and binoculars, plus battery chargers
- Please ensure you give us any specific instructions about your bags as we will handle them with care but at your own risk and will not accept any responsibilities for damage
- Warm, windproof jacket with hood
- Waterproof Jacket and over trousers
- Walking trousers, shirts and pullover
- Warm underwear
- Walking socks
- Good comfortable walking heavy boots
- Training shoes (for evening)
- Gaiters, sun hat, warm hat or balaclava
- Scarf, gloves, sun glasses
- Sleeping bag
- You can hire some of the equipment available at a reasonable cost
• Meal Plan as detailed: B=Breakfast L=Lunch D=Diner
• Return transfers from the Lodge.
• All Park entrance fees and conservation fees
• Service of an English speaking professional Guide, Porters and Skilled Cook
• Guaranteed price/guaranteed Trek on confirmation
• Flying Doctor Service temporary cover for emergency evacuation (taca)
• Bottled treated water in our vehicle
• Prevailing taxes (subject to changes)
• On Completion Successful Climb Certificate
• Accommodation at the Lodge.
• International air, visa fees and inoculation.
• Climbing Gear/equipment
• Personal Travel insurance ( let us know if to provide )
• Laundry, drinks and tipping
• Extra activities offered at lodges or en route
• Any deviation from the stated route
• Any tariff/tax increases after the date of this quote.
• Any items of personal nature.