Amboseli Day Trip from Nairobi
Amboseli National Park is one of the most popular National Parks in Kenya. Amboseli National Park is Africa’s best place in the World to get close and view large herds of free-ranging African elephants. The name “Amboseli” comes from a Maasai word meaning “salty dust”
Nature lovers can explore five different habitats here ranging from the dried-up bed of Lake Amboseli, wetlands with sulphur springs, the savannah and woodlands. Visitors can also visit the local Maasai community who live around Amboseli National Park and experience their authentic culture.
- Guaranteed viewing of Large Herds of African Elephants
- Best views of Mount Kilimanjaro highest free-standing mountain in the World
- Observation Hill – allows overall view of whole National Park especially swamps and also elephants
- Swamp below observation hill hosts many African elephants, buffaloes, hippos and variety of water fowls like pelican, Egyptian goose
- Meet local Maasai people, learn about their Masai culture and also indigenous lifestyle
Amboseli day trip from Nairobi is exclusively Private safari
Safari Departures: Flexible – departs any date of year – Minimum 2 people travelling together.
Amboseli Day Trip from Nairobi, brief Itinerary
NAIROBI – AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK – NAIROBI– DAY TRIP
Amboseli Day Trip from Nairobi, relevant information
Option Visits to local Masai villages or Hot Air Balloon ride at extra costs.
Day Trip best for holiday travelers, families, friends, couples, colleagues, senior citizens, corporate, students, individuals, small and also large groups.
Last day safari extension: Visitors may extend, Mombasa safari relaxation beach holidays in Mombasa, Diani, Watamu, Malindi, Lamu at extra costs.
Day Trip: Nairobi - Amboseli National Park - Nairobi
Meet and greet services at your Nairobi hotel by our driver-guide within Nairobi before dawn at 4:30am. Our driver-guide will briefly take you through your Day Trip safari briefing. Driving by road to Amboseli National Park is approximately 220km (4hr 25min).
Leaving the bustling city of Nairobi, drive south through Nairobi-Mombasa Highway, crossing the African savannah experiencing Kenya sunrise lighting up countryside of homesteads. Come face to face with brightly outfitted Maasai herdsmen with their cattle.
FIRST GAME VIEWING
After a road drive of about 4 hours you arrive Amboseli National Park, which is located at the foot of snowcapped Mt. Kilimanjaro, Africa highest peak. Your adventure starts with the first game viewing drive when you come across herds of African elephants in this protected National Park.
Weather permitting you will have best views of snowcapped Mount Kilimanjaro where the light is perfect at Mount Kilimanjaro background which offers good photographic scenery coupled with the concentration of wildlife on the ground.
Therefater drive to Ol Tukai Lodge located inside the Park to freshen up and enjoy your buffet breakfast.
SECOND GAME VIEWING DRIVE
Cotinue with your mid-morning game viewing drive inside this famous Amboseli National Park which offers wonderful opportunities for spotting wild animals because the vegetation here can get sparse during the dry months
The protected area is home to African bush elephant, Cape buffalo, impala, lion, cheetah, spotted hyena, Masai giraffe, Grant’s zebra, and blue wildebeest.
Birdlife is abundant in Amboseli, especially around the swamp and marshlands of the park. You’ll find raptors and also water birds like pelican, crake and kingfisher.
Drive to Observation Hill for even more wildlife viewing. Check out the swamps below where the elephants gather daily. You can also walk about the hill as it’s one of the few places in the Park you can explore on foot.
You will have an opportunity of OPTION vist to Maasai people who live within the Amboseli National Park borders. Meet them and learn about their culture and lifestyle.
Buffet Lunch will be served at Amboseli Serena Lodge one of luxurious lodges inside the Park or Kibo Safari Camp outside Amboseli National Park.
THIRD GAME VIEWING DRIVE
Our Third Game Viewing Drive starts after relaxation of lunch hour. Compared to the 1st and 2nd game viewing drives, this will be a shorter game drive inside this beautiful Park. Weather permitting you will get best views of Kilimanjaro’s snow-capped peak as its cloud-shrouded summit can clear towards evening.
After our last 3rd game viewing drive, leave the Park viewing game en-route as you exit the park with the last picturesque of Amboseli. Experiencing the sighting of large herds of African elephants and best views of Mount Kilimanjaro makes your most memorable Amboseli day trip from Nairobi in the land of Africa.
Drive back to Mombasa-Nairobi highway and off to the Capital City of Nairobi, arriving in late evening where you will be transfered back to your Nairobi Hotel or Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to connect your home bound flight depending on the arrangements where your Amboseli day trip from Nairobi ends. Meal Plan: Breakfast and Lunch
Safari price includes:
- Nairobi Hotel pick up/drop off transfers
- Ground transport while on day trip in a customized safari mini-van with a roof hatch that pops up to enable easy viewing and photography
- Guaranteed window seats
- Services of knowledgeable, English speaking professional tour driver-guide
- Amboseli National Park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Game drives as detailed in the itinerary
- Meals as per the itinerary – Breakfast and Buffet Lunch at Amboseli National Park
- Flying doctor’s tourist air ambulance evacuation cover in case of emergency while on safari
- Bottled drinking water in safari vehicle
- Government taxes and local levies
- Start and ends in Nairobi
Safari price excludes:
- All personal Travel Insurances
- Items and services of a personal nature
- Extras at the lodge or camp; tips and gratuities, portage, telephone, laundry etc
- Drinks and Beverages not in the Itinerary
- Tour Driver-Guide gratuities
- Any optional activities such as village visit, e.t.c
- International and Domestic flights
- All Airport Taxes and Visas
- Hotel accommodation in Nairobi before and after the safari – can be arranged on request
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary