Accommodation: As per Itinerary
Group Size: 2 Pax and above; guaranteed departure
DAY 1: Naro Moru
Depart from Nairobi at 09:00hrs and proceed south towards the cool slopes of Mt. Kenya. Cross the Equator and arrive at Nanyuki town in good time for lunch. Ovenight at Nanyuki town lodge
DAY 2: Nairobi/Meteorological Station 3-4 hrs, 10km, 400m ascent
Transfer to Naromoru Park Gate for registration and where the hike starts, 2600m From the gate, keep to the park track, which follows the crest of a board ridge between the Northern and Southern Naromoru valleys.
The going is easy and is a pleasant walking through the forest. About two thirds of the way up after the bridge there are good views to the left north down into the Northern Naromoru valley.
The trek ends at Met station 3,000m where dinner and overnight rest will be (B, L, D)
DAY 3: Met Station/Mackinders Camp 5-6 hrs, 10km, 1200m ascent
Head uphill on the track to pass the radio must on your right after about half an hour.
The trek runs into a path and after another 30 minutes, you will reach the end of the forest belt and enter the moorland.
This is the vertical bog conditions range from damp to glutinous depending on when it last rained.
Continue through until the going improves and you reach a fork overlooking Teleki Valley to reach Mackinders Camp, 4,200m.
Dinner and overnight at Mackinders Camp (B, L, D)
DAY 4: Mackinders Camp/Point Lenana/Met Station 8-10 hrs, 11km, 785m ascent
The normal approach is to start at 2 am in order to reach point Lenana taking about 4 hr walk by sunrise at 6:30am.
After sunrise, descend down to Mackinders Camp for breakfast, 2hrs and walk further 4hrs, way back to Met Station for dinner and overnight ( B, L, D)
DAY 5: Met Station/Naromoru/Nairobi 3hrs, 9km, 400m
After morning breakfast, descend through the rainforest which is 9km to Naromoru Park Gate at 2,600m where you will connect with your transport back to Nairobi where the safari ends.
- Warm, windproof jacket with hood
- Waterproof Jacket and over trousers
- Walking trousers, shirts and pullover
- Warm underwear
- Walking socks
- Good comfortable walking heavy boots
- Training shoes (for evening)
- Gaiters, sun hat, warm hat or balaclava
- Scarf, gloves, sun glasses
- Sleeping bag
- You can hire some of the equipment available at a reasonable cost
Included in the price:
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
- Return transfer Nairobi -Nanyuki/Chogoria-Nairobi
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek. Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodation in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- Accommodation at Nanyuki hotel on B/B
- Two Man tent
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- 4×4 transport on Sirimon route
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Treated water on the trek
Excluded in the price:
- All personal travel insurances
- All personal expenses including; telephones, tips, alcoholic drinks, laundry, etc.
- International and Domestic flights
- All Airport Taxes and Visas
- Accommodation in Nairobi before and after the trek – can be arranged on request
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary